This policy sets out how FlossyNet Web Solutions (Pvt) Ltd handle your personal information if you’re a user or visitor to our website or a person who use our services, e.g. request a quote from us or subscribe to our newsletter, or are our client.
The most common types of information we collect include:
- Personal details such as names, Email IDs, address and contact numbers
- Details of how you use our website, and where you have accessed it from
- Details of how you interact with us on Social media
- Details of when you contact us and the series of communications between us including the emails or phone calls, Live Chat service or other forms of online receipts.
- Details of subscription for hosting, domain purchase etc.
- Details of your use of our services
- Transaction details like bank details, payment information etc.
- Photos, images and other descriptions/contents you have given us to be included in your website
- How we collect your personal information?
- We collect your personal information directly when you provide it to us while you navigate through our website, or through other people when you use services associated with our website or when we start working on your project.
- We collect your personal information when you complete our Contact Us Form, or send us a communication through email, Live Chat or enquiry through telephone
- How we use your personal information?
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating your enquiry regarding your website design or development, hosting or other digital marketing services or any other services we offer.
- To update you with operational news and information about our Site or services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, hosting and domain name expiry, website disruptions or security updates;
- To monitor activities on the site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the site;
- To manage our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or while asking for your feedback or testimonial;
- To conduct analysis and research activities to improve and develop our services;
- To manage our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters). /span>
- Where you give us consent:
- To provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- For Marketing Purpose
- We may use your personal information to tell you about any relevant services offered by FlossyNet Web Solutions (Pvt) Ltd or any updates in the services that you have subscribed to.
- We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we either have your consent or a legitimate interest. Legitimate interest is when we have a business reason to use your information for marketing purposes (which will not unfairly go against your rights and freedoms.) In other words, we will not market to you based on legitimate interest if you have told us that you do not want to receive such marketing communications from us.
- How can you stop receiving Marketing Communication from us?
- You can withdraw your consent or ask us to stop sending you any marketing messages at any time. If you want to do so, please contact us by writing to [email protected]
- Please Note: If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing E-MAILS from us, you will still receive essential service information such as upgrades to latest versions, hosting/domain renewals, payment dues and updates to this privacy notice.
- When do we disclose your personal information?
- We will disclose your personal information to the following recipients:
- Authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who may be located in any of the countries our services are available in;
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers, security and fraud prevention services, subscription management services, payment processing services.
- Please note: Our subcontractors and service providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.)
- A purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- Other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
- Where do we transfer and/or store your personal information?
We are a UK based company having our own Managed Outsourcing Centre in India and in other countries. Some of the recipients we have described above and to whom we disclose your personal information are based in the UK and other countries. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers in the UK and other countries. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including usernames and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
- How can you gain access to your personal information?
You hold the right to make a request to access any personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in this data. You can also ask to erase/remove all your information if you wish to discontinue the services with us. To make an access or correction request, send us an email anytime stating the purpose.
- What are the marketing choices regarding your personal information?
We will send you marketing communications by email with your consent about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you.
You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about Cookies by modifying your browser preferences. You have the choice to “Accept all Cookies”, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to “Reject All Cookies”. If you choose to Reject Cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following details:
- Your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- The domain name you requested;
- The name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- The date and time of your visit to the website;
- The length of your session;
- The pages which you have accessed;
- The number of times you access our site within any month;
- The file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- The website which referred you to our Sites; and
- The operating system which your computer uses.
- What is the Mobile Device Privacy we follow?
When you access our website via a mobile device, data may be collected automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have and the information about your use of the site.
Regardless of the device you use to access the website, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the website and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our website may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website.
This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with our services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account.
- What are your legal rights?
You have the legal rights to;
- To get a copy of your personal information that we hold
You can request a copy of your personal information as well as why we have that information, who has access to that information and where we got that information from at any time. Once we have received your request, we will respond to you within 30 days.
- Letting us know if your personal information needs to be updated
You have the right to question any information we hold about you that you think is wrong, out of date or incomplete. If you do, we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and make corrections.
If you need to update your contact details or any other information, you can do so by writing us to [email protected]
- If you want us to stop using your personal information or erase your personal information
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the right to object and the right to erasure or right to be forgotten.
We may be able to restrict the use of your personal information so that it can be only used for a certain purpose such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights.
- Obtaining your personal information in a portable format
You have the right to get copies of your personal information from us in a format that can be easily re-used. You can also ask us to pass on your personal information to other organisations. To request this, please contact us using the email id [email protected]
- To complain
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office by emailing them.
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
- How you can contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our team in writing at [email protected],
When you contact us, we need to verify your identity for your security. Verifying identity is an important way of safeguarding against criminal activities including the prevention of illicit access to your information.
If we are unable to validate your identity, we may ask you to provide further evidence so that we can access your information.
- Limitations of the rights
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country:
- of your habitual residence;
- of your place of work; or
- In which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
The information you make public or give to others
Please note, if you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that data. There are lots of ways that you can find yourself providing information to other people, e.g. when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user (such as a third party Author) whether via our Sites or directly via email.